Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Interview

I have been trying to interview Lester Merriweather. I feel like his Q&A in class was one of the most personal talks. I was less than sure about how I felt about him after his visit. This is exactly why I want to ask him some more things. I have gotten a hold of him and he wants to meet in person rather than correspond through electronic means. Since we haven't been able to meet yet, I haven't been able to ask him anything.

I plan on asking him about:
  • How art historical trends have played into the creation of his work
  • what historical context he wishes to place his work into
  • what obstacles has he run into in his pursuit of a career in the art world
  • his figurative work often strips the skin away from figures. Is this about identity politics?
  • Does he try to make political statements in his artwork?
  • How do you feel about the balance of concept and aesthetic in your art
  • Who has been the biggest influence on your studio practice

No comments:

Post a Comment